Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

We Were Genetically Designed To Be Lean and Muscular!

We Were Genetically Designed To Be Lean and Muscular!
In the Paleolithic era cavemen and women were lean and muscular. Now if you eat the way you were meant to eat and exercise effectively 4 times per week for 45 minutes per session to achieve this then by the average person your considered a health nut, obsessive, anti-social, too muscular.
I trained a client who is 14% bodyfat and is very attractive and she told me a story that a colleague of hers gave her the shit sandwich which is a compliment followed by an insult saying that her arms were too muscular which I replied "Is she fat?" Client " Come to think of it yes!" Its just a example of CCOJMB, I recommend leaner friends.
Which means Classic Case of Jealous miserable bitch! Want a laugh read about the phenomenon here
Doctors say your healthy if your between 15-20% bodyfat which is the norm based on the average not what is optimal. Well using that logic and the current trend in obesity rates normal will be 20-25% in the future for males.
Optimal is below 9.9% or less for males and 15%-20% for females. Every girl I train is at or below 15% or is working their way towards it without starving themselves or doing endless bouts of cardio and this nonsense about its dangerous to be this lean is just that nonsense.
The reason I am writing this is that our expectations are too low.
If I had followed the nutritional pyramid by the government and set my expectations so low and used my age 43 by the way as an excuse I shouldn't be below 10% but I am and that's working 60 hours a week with a kid and married.
I am not saying how great am I but can you see that if you accept normal that you do not pursue optimal health
I watched a program 'Insight' on SBS about Male Body image and how bodybuilders are obsessed, anti-social (because they don't eat "normal" foods!), that something is wrong with them psychologically according to a psychologist there who was fat and looked sick - Well kiss my arse!
They are making a sweeping generalisations. The true essence of bodybuilding is supreme health and longevity done in a natural way using the best knowledge from the world of functional medicine, results based training methods and education in individualised nutrition.
Bodybuilding doesn't exist in a vacuum its like anything in life. To excel at it or anything for that matter in a competitive sense you need to do what others won't and adopt its lifestyle which can be demanding.From a lifestyle point of view which is were I am at now as I am not competing any more ( though I want to) is that I am healthier and have more energy to do more whether that be in business, family etc
I am not obsessive just passionate.
I love training, being strong and being healthy. I'm not too tired to play with my 2 and half year old son or handle the stresses of business or have time with my wife, I want to maximise life not be average or get by, thats BS.
That's the true attitude of a bodybuilder and just because your a athlete that does not mean you are not a bodybuilder in some way. The weight room is a integral part of sports when done correctly. Notice my disclaimer correctly based on results.
'Insight' focused on the negative associations with steroid use and OTC supplements which I don't recommend (that's another topic), I just want to balance the ledger as it were.
Bodybuilding in its true essence is about strength, health and looking good naked.
What the bloody hell is wrong with that!
"Strength and Honour" from my favourite movie Gladiator if you love training you'll understand the above if not you'll never get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment